HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Monday, May 9, 2011

soil erosion


We've got a problem at the drain in our front garden, running along the front wall of the house. Because our property is on a hill and our front yard slopes down towards the house, we get soil erosion. I suppose, in this regard, we should be thankful for the clay soil otherwise the erosion would be worse. I plan to build a little retaining wall with two rows of retaining blocks along this drain. First I needed to create a little foundation for the planned "wall". So, my neighbour who is building a garage on his property has given me his left-over brick "off-cuts"! It wasn't as tough a job as I expected... finished it in less than a day! :) Now, just to get the blocks to build the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment