HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Olive Trees

Ma, you will be proud. I've finally cut back the two young olive trees you planted for me in September last year (Sept 2010)! As you know, they were branching out all over the place and looking more like bushes than trees. At one point I was worried about them because their leaves were going brown, especially the one, but they seem to be on the mend again. Only thing is I cut back the one that is growing slower more than the big one so it is looking a bit pathetic at the moment (not including a pic of that one!). It was tough because I had to cut branches off right at the base (almost below ground level). Luckily at the last minute I thought to remove some of the soil where I cut (at the base) so that those cut openings could dry out (don't want rot to set in!). AFter a nice warm dry weekend, we are expecting rain again, so hopefully the little openings have had enough time to seal naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment