HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Impatience


Okay, so I simply couldn't wait. In early August I planted some seeds into trays to see if any would come up. Needless to say, most didn't however, the mange tout peas and leeks did! Once they were big enough I planted them into the veggie beds and covered them each with an upside down milk bottle to create a little 'greenhouse' effect to protect each seedling. It looks like it is working! I also added grass clippings as mulch and lots of egg shells to help keep the snails at bay. Although I am using plastic bottles, it is just for a short period during the cooler months to protect the seedlings until they grow strong enough, so I do not believe it is harmful.

No comments:

Post a Comment