HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Incredible Tomato Seed


This little surprise tomato seed popped up in my window box one day. It grew into a strong little seedling. In the first month of winter I took the very bold step of transplanting the seedling into a pot on my back patio. I sheltered it from wind by placing a board behind it and two bottles along side it. A basil bush sheltered it from the front but still gave it enough light and room to grow. From time to time I pruned the lower branches and gave it some love and worm tea. Look at her now! She made it through winter and I'm looking forward to my first crop soon this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment