HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Strawberry popcorn

Yes, you heard me right, strawberry popcorn (popcorn the colour of strawberries). I ordered these seeds at my favourite supplier, Living Seeds Heirloom Seeds. Even though I didn't necessarily have the space to grow corn, I just had to try this out. One should not plant fewer than I think 40 or so plants in a block to ensure good pollination (which is required to produce full cobs). The space I had available could only accommodate 10 or 11 plants, but thanks to the good old cape doctor (the wind!), I had a fairly successful harvest! What a magic experience! To harvest these beautiful bright red babies and then to make organic heirloom popcorn as white as snow and soooo delicious out of them! A great healthy and fun idea for little kiddies (or big kiddies, if you are like me, a child at heart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment