HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Veggie beds update

So, remember how over winter I prepared those two veggie beds? Well, after about 3 failed attempts things finally started growing. I've learned (as a 'green pinky') to rather start off with planting seedlings rather than seeds. When I become more of a professional I will try the seeds. I have had success with seeds in the past, but the 'organic' ones I bought failed (not sure if it was a bad batch or something I maybe did or didn't do!). Something else I learned is to have patience! I planted way too early this year and that also contributed to the failures. So, although my crops were not as great as anticipated, I have been blessed with a hugely successful baby marrow crop, the cucumbers are taking off and the leaks did not do too badly. I've recently also planted yellow pepper, brocolli, beetroot and a new cherry tomato plant so we will see how those go. :) Check out these pics of the 'before' and 'after'...Not too bad for our first summer of planting hey?



!

No comments:

Post a Comment