HAVING FUN IN THE GARDEN... AND WHO KNOWS... MAYBE SOMETHING WILL GROW!

having fun in the garden...and who knows....maybe something will grow!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Tomatoes

So far my tomato crop has not been overly productive. Although the tomatoes are incredibly sweet and fragrant, they are rather hard and lack seeds, although they seem to be getting better with the progression of summer. The tomato plant looks terrible but it is producing fruit. I've been growing another plant which is starting to produce fruit now...(in one of my veggie beds) perfect timing to take over from the old one which is now on its last leg. I think I have discovered why I had such a problem with the first tomato plant. The pot it is in is like a sieve (water just drains out!) and I also did not apply mulch. I am going to empty the pot and replant after I have lined it and next time will mulch and put peat moss around the root ball (a new discovery I made at the nursery)

No comments:

Post a Comment